What's it like to be a blogger?

05:02:00


Last week I was contacted by the lovely people over at farfetch.com about sharing some information and statistics they have recently collected on what it takes to be a blogger. 

Farfetch are a community of independent fashion boutiques that span all over the world, but all come together on the one website. Farfetch say that they offer "an inspirational shopping experience to fashion-forward consumers". They offer a range of high end clothing, shoes and accessories all of which are absolutely stunning and make me weep due to my empty bank account, but I digress. With how popular blogging is now becoming, especially fashion, beauty and lifestyle blogging the people over at farfetch have put together a beautiful infographic *see above* to inspire current bloggers and anyone who is interested in blogging. I personally thought that all the information they had managed to get from their survey was displayed beautifully, but is also extremely helpful for anyone who is interested in blogging or for anyone who is a blogger and just wanted a little bit of advice and information. I can honestly say that I found everything include on the infographic really relevant and interesting. I was actually really suprised that 60% of bloggers now use their phones to take photos for their blog, which makes me feel a lot less guilty!

I really agree with a lot of the information they managed to collect; choosing quality over quantity is a huge thing for me. I feel guilty that I can't post all day everyday, I'd love to if I could but working full time and having a life outside of blogging does make it difficult, so that why when I do post I try to do things that I'd enjoy reading so that hopefully my readers enjoy the posts as well. I also think keeping a journal of idea's is also such a good idea, I've started this in the last few months and whenever I come up with a new blog idea I can jot it down and go back to it when I'm ready so it makes things 10x easier for me!

I also found some of the things really useful to remember when I'm blogging myself, the idea of hosting a giveaway or doing a meet up is something that really appeals to me as I'm always looking at meeting more bloggers and YouTubers as it's just nice to be able to talk to someone who shares your passion. So the idea of doing something like that is really interesting to me.

Overall I think that farfetch have made a really helpful and beautiful infographic that is really worth a read and something to refer to if you're having a hard time starting a blog or you're stuck at a wall with your blog.

I'd say that my biggest tips when it comes to blogging are:
  • Plan out all your blog posts so that you don't miss any important content. 
  • Join in on the twitter tags such as #bbloggers #lbloggers #fbloggers and #fblchat as they can be really helpful if you have any questions or you just want to meet people who share your passion!
  • START UP A BLOGLOVIN ACCOUNT!! for me this has been one of the best decisions as I've found that bloggers are much more likely to follow one another on this type of platform nowadays. 
  • Find a style that suits you. I've personally found that I swing a bit more towards beauty and lifetsyle occasionally that anything else, because this is what I feel like I can give people advice on. I've got my own fashion sense, but it's pretty average so I don't really like I'd get a lot of content out of it, I also imagine my OOTD would be really terrible.
  • Enjoy it, do it because you love it and don't see it as a task.
What are your blogging tips?

*This blog claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed*

You Might Also Like

0 comments