Skincare Routine

14:10:00

*I just wanted to do a quick disclaimer before anyone reads this. I know my skincare routine is not the most expensive/extensive collection. However, due to lack of money and other things taking priority I try to do the best I can with the money I do have and at the moment this works for me. I hope one day I can splurge and spend money on better products for my skin, but for now these will do!*
Ever since I can remember, I've never had overly problematic skin. Both my mum and my dad have extremely good skin, so this has been pretty lucky for me. However, I've actually found as I've gotten older my skin is becoming slightly more problematic because my diet could be better and drinking alcohol is also a huge contributor to my skin. I also suffer from something that causes me to pick the skin on my face and body which also hasn't had a great affect on my face at the moment. So skin care is everything for my right now! 

When I get home from work my skin just needs to be cleaned, I don't actually wear foundation anymore (just concealer and powder) because I hope it will make my skin that little bit better. So I start off by using the Garnier micellar cleansing water and use cotton pads and just completely clear my whole face of any make up with this stuff. I also wrote a review on it here. Once I think my face is completely cleared, I go on to use Simple soothing facial toner just to deep clean into my skin and pores and get out any of the make up and bacteria that is lurking, on particularly make up heavy days if my skin still feels clogged I will tend to repeat these two once more and that usually does the trick for me!

I then move on to using the Simple purifying cleansing lotion and apply once with cotton buds and then apply some to my hands and really work it into my skin, this stuff is seriously so good! I recommend it to everyone as it does exactly what it says, it cleanses and moisturizes your skin and afterwards you will feel so much cleaner and healthier. Once this has been done, I start to pinpoint certain areas. If at the time I have any spots or red areas I use my neutrogena targeted spot control and dab it to all the problem areas, this stuff does sting but it is very good at treating spots quickly so I'd definitely recommend it! 

I then go onto my eyes as I have A LOT of problems with them being so sore and sensitive, especially this time of the year and all through summer. So I try my best to keep them hydrated. I use both the Simple soothing eye balm and the Simple revitalising eye roll-on and apply both to under my eyes, the soothing eye balm is so useful if my eyes are particularly irritated as it makes them feel far less aggressive and itchy. The revitalising roll on also helps with bags that I may end up with (I don't sleep a lot during the week and hibernate at the weekends) so this is a great product. 

Lastly, with my skin having a few problems at the moment I make sure to rub some sudocrem into any areas that need it and then I also leave a little on the areas when I sleep and wash them off when I wake up. I usually end up with a sudocrem mess everywhere, but to help my skin it is totally worth it!

Have you got any skincare products you tend to use a lot? 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I love Sudocrem for an overnight mask x

    Pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only recently started using it and have been impressed so far! xx

      Delete
  2. Hey! I just wanted to let you know I've nominated you for a Leibster Award! The details are all here: http://victoriakaterina.wordpress.com/2014/04/23/my-3rd-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete