Change your thoughts and you change your world.

12:16:00

I've wanted a type of post that I could do weekly so that I have something substantial to post, but something that you will all enjoy as well. It finally popped into my head that I trawl through so many good and bad things everyday on the internet and in life in general and some of it just seriously wows me and I usually keep it to myself. Then I thought; why not share it with the rest of you lovely people?!

I'm going to see how this week goes and who knows, it could become a regular thing! (Also I didn't just want to call it something boring, so I called it an inspirational quote instead, clever I know). 
I thought I'd start this idea by sharing a video with you I've loved for a long time and also a video I've found very recently. The first video is one I found very recently and it's such a beautiful and motivational video, if you haven't seen anything like these before or don't really know a huge amount about them. This is a poetry slam competition and different groups recite poetry that they have either found or written themselves. I love this type of thing because it's so expressive and can get so many powerful points across. The top video is about how rape is now almost considered something many people shun and moan about and these wonderful women want to make sure that nobody ever just considers it "just another rape poem" ever again. They want to make sure women never have to fear opening up about their experiences and fears ever again. 

The second video is one of my absolute favourites, its all about how women are told to dress and act in a certain way. When actually we should all look, feel, behave and act however we want to and they highlight this in their video by talking about us acting like 'monsters' instead of acting how everyone expects us to act. My favourite thing about this video is how towards the end they specify if a women wants to cover up or show off her body it should be her own choice and she should not be judged or victimised for that in any way shape or form.

So that's it for this post, I didn't want to ramble too much in the fear you'd get bored! I really hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you'd like some more or anything you'd like to see/read.

You Might Also Like

2 comments