All things hair

06:36:00

I have to start off by apologising, I haven't done a single blog post this week and I am super super sorry! This week has been so emotionally and physically draining and I'm so glad its the weekend so I'm hoping to get a lot of stuff done (although the reality is I will probably get nothing done...). Anyway I felt this is a post that I'd quite like to do and it was actually one of the first posts I ever considered but I completely forgot about it, it's basically just going to be revolving around my hair really so carry on reading if you don't think I'll bore you half to death!
Ever since being a little girl I have always loved hair, I think every little girl looks at long pretty hair and just wants it more than anything. As I've gotten older I've experimented more and more with my hair styles, lengths and colours and I thought this would be a good opportunity to show a few to you lovely readers! I've always been pretty indecisive with my hair; one minute I want it down to my butt and then the next I want a choppy bob. One minute I want lovely natural brown hair with a natural ombre in it, then the next I want bright red hair. I literally cannot make my mind up on what I want and then when I do eventually do it I usually really don't like it, I'm too fussy for my own good!
I was a little bit naughty and got to about 12/13 and started secretly chopping my hair because I just always hated the outcome of a real hairdresser (my mum was NOT a happy bunny) and so I stopped and just let my hair do its own thing, then go to the hair dressers and hate my hair for a while again and it just basically carried on like this. I've never had a great experience with hair dressers; fun fact for you when I was 15 me and my friend decided it would be really funny to dye my hair blonde and it was really really funny and I still laugh at it because it was so worth the time and the effort we put in, just for the laughs we get now! Anyway, my hair dresser at the time told me that it make me look like a slapper. I was speechless and so after that I decided I did want to try cutting my hair, but properly this time.
So I went and bought two different pairs of scissors; ones for thinning and ones for actually cutting the hair itself and this time I actually told my mum what I was planning on doing thank god. By the time I started to cut my own hair I think I had just started sixth form and had honestly watched about 30 you tube videos and read about 20 different techniques. I can honestly say I love cutting my own hair as it is some much easier and simpler and A LOT cheaper if you have a rough idea of what you are doing and what you want to achieve. The first time I did it, I cut myself a full fringe (I couldn't find a picture sorry!) and it actually turned out really well and after that I carried on doing it myself. So I've been cutting hair for about 2 years now.
I'm also a bit of a bugger for dying my hair a hell of a lot, I once dyed my hair about 20 times in a month and I'm not exaggerating. I soon learnt my lesson after that. I'm glad that I was always allowed to dye my hair because I felt it gave my area experiment with my looks, mainly with colour is how I'd experiment as I HATE really short hair on myself. The shortest I would go now is shoulder length/ or just under my shoulders, I think short hair makes my face look really chubby and round and that isn't a look that I can rock very much.

If you are looking at making a change to your hair and you have a fear of hair-dressers like me then in all honesty you should give it a shot! If you can handle that you might not like it or make a mistake, then grab the scissors and give it ago. I'd say my main tips would be:

  • Make sure you use good products and tools: I bought proper hair dressers scissors and look after them a lot and because of this they stay sharp and I have no issues with them. Also with hair dye I have personally found that more expensive hair dyes and research different types and read reviews! My favourites are the L'oreal Recital Preference dyes, the colours are amazing and the dye is such a good quality!
  • DO NOT DO IT UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE: This is so important, if you are half and half on what to do I wouldn't recommend it because if you hate it you will be so angry. Ask other people for an opinion and really consider it before you do anything about it please.
  • Look after your hair: This mainly applies to if you dye your hair; because it will get damaged no matter what. I have had some horrifically dead hair in the past and there are two options I've found. You either cut it ALL off and start from scratch or you work your ass off to get the condition back. I was told I needed to cut it all off but I didn't want to, so I trimmed it myself and used a whole mountain of products and home remedies (the smell of raw egg makes me sick to this day) to make my hair healthy and eventually it did without needing to cut it off!
So that's it for now! I hope you enjoy reading this, I know it's a bit of a ramble but by now any of you that religiously read my blog are probably used to this by now. Let me know if you decide to cut your own hair and how it goes!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. your fringe looks fantastic! I really like how well it swoops haha I always wanted that but haven't been able to get it right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I wish I'd left it alone, I thought it would be a good idea to cut it the other week and now its a very awkward length. I saw your hair cut on your blog/IG it looks amazing!

      Delete